Saturday, February 20, 2010

Electronic: Boys Noize - Power

The only two Electronic artists that had anything in common in my data were Justice and Digitalism. The combined distortion and steady beats prompted me to secure Power by Boys Noize.

The first track on this album, Gax, sounds quite like something The Flashbulb would produce. It sure is pretty.

The album takes a turn with with a heavier distortion and beats in Kontact Me. Robotic vocals repeat back and forth, similar to Benni Bennasi's Satisfaction. After a minute and a half of listening, this song is worth deletion. In the time it took me to type that last sentence, a build-up occurred but the breakdown could not save the song from my opinion.

Starter, the third track, gives me a little hope. It's a bit rock influenced, and very reminiscent to Justice's Waters of Nazareth. It's a cool sound, but after a minute and a half of listening it's just tiring to listen to.

Jeffer reveals the side of Boys Noize that sounds like Digitalism. Here's a track that's actually an interesting listen and not boringly long.

It's during the fifth track, Transmission, that I decide sitting through the rest of this album is just a waste of my time. I've been a bad reviewer, letting my first impression get the best of me. Oh well. My summary: maybe some of these songs would sound cool in a mix or remixed, but this whole album is just an electro artist's attempt at making a full 12 track release like Digitalism's Idealism or Justice's Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment